Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Toys!!

Awhile ago, I read an article about environmentally friendly nail polish and came across Julep.

Emma, Taylor, Sandra, January, Maggie
Julep is a company based out of Seattle, so it stuck out to me as Seattle is very close to my heart. Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. Their website is chock full of fun fashiony things and have lots of tutorials on fun things to do with nail polish. I absolutely love their website.

I also follow them on Pinterest.

The only issue I have is that it’s $14.00 for a 0.27oz bottle of nail polish. I usually spend $8 -8.50 on a bottle of O.P.I. (0.5oz) or Essie (0.46oz) at the grocery store or beauty supply, so $14.00 seems a little steep to me.

If you join their mailing list, you can be a Julep Maven. I got an email last week that I could order a mystery box and get between $60.00 and $120.00 worth of product for $20.00. That seemed like a pretty awesome deal (like, DUH), and I hadn’t used any of their products and I wanted to support a North American company so I took advantage of the deal and ordered a mystery box.

I.Could. Not. Wait. I was so excited to see what I would get. It’s so fun getting presents in the mail!

I got my box this week and eagerly opened it.

Looks like I got my money’s worth, eh?

The five bottles of nail colour alone are worth $98.00. Not bad for 20 bucks.

I haven’t tried everything yet, but I did my nails yesterday – colour only – no base coat or topcoat or anything and I am in love. The periwinkle colour is my favourite and it’s not something that I would have thought to buy on my own. The red is the perfect classic red, and I don’t have one of those. The consistency of the paint is thick enough that you could almost get away with one coat on all of the colours – even the grape purple colour. The polish is shiny enough that a topcoat is not necessary, but I suspect that it will look even better with the topcoat. The brush in the bottle is wide and the polish spreads evenly when you paint it on.

Maggie, January, Sandra, Taylor, Emma

As mentioned earlier, my only concern is the cost - $14.00 plus shipping = not my cup of tea – but I will definitely take advantage of all future deals and I totally recommend this product.

I give this a 9 out of 10 fingers score.

No comments:

Post a Comment