Friday, September 20, 2013

Garnier Finishing Paste

When I went to Vancouver last year, I was going to try to carry on my bag, so I didn't bring any of my hair goop with me because I was worried about the liquids rule and I was unsure how my hair wax would go over. I figured I would just buy stuff in Vancouver and just leave it there. Turned out that my rolling bag was too big, so I ended up checking it anyway.

I needed something for my super short hair, so I took a trip with my mum to my old friend London Drugs to get supplies. (I needed more than just hair goop)

Funny thing, in Canada, all labeling is in English and French. Since I studied French in high school and grew up with it on all the packaging all my life, I was used to it, but I've been away from it for so long that I got out of the habit of automatically translating in my head. I couldn't figure out what everything was because all I could see was the French side! (one side is English, the other side is French) I found this funny and sad at the same time.

Anyway, this is a lovely product. It smells awesome, it doesn't dry stiff, doesn't make your hair crusty and leaves it soft. It worked really well with my short hair in that I could put it in to my wet hair and comb it into shape, and it would stay that way all day - even after it dried. I just recently used it when I did my Marilyn hair because I needed something to give me texture to help the curl happen, and it worked really, really well. This is great for short hair and keeping it smooth and in place, and it's excellent for adding texture to longer hair.

It smells great and works awesome. Two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment