Friday, June 28, 2013

Perfect for removing Glitter Nail polish

I first read about this on the Nailed It blog. She mentioned that she gets hers at Target, but Target is far away from me, so I looked to see if I could find something similar closer to me.

I looked at my local Sally Beauty Supply, but no luck. The beauty section at my local Smith's Marketplace is pretty good and I get a lot of my nail stuff there. That's where I found this lovely thing.

The brush inside is exactly like the little brush you get from the hospital when you come home with your baby for scrubbing their scalp/washing their hair. It works perfectly when you use acetone for your remover. Follow the instructions; soak your nails for about 10 seconds, scrub on the brush, and *poof*, glitter all gone!

I love this. I can't tell you how much I hate removing glitter polish because of how it shreds my cotton balls. The sandpapery feeling I get trying to rub off the polish and the strings of the cotton balls makes me cringe so much. I have tried the technique with the cotton balls and tin foil that's all over pinterest, and that works like a charm, but it's so time consuming. The acetone evaporates quickly, but I just refill the jar when I need to with my giant bottle of acetone from Sally Beauty Supply - easy peasy, lemon squeezy. This little jar is my new best friend - now I can wear glitter more often!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work so hot for toes (for obvious reasons), so I use the tin foil method on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment