Monday, October 21, 2013

Essie Polish

I don't have nearly as many Essie polishes as O.P.I. I have been using O.P.I. for much longer than Essie. I like Essie because it is made in the U.S., so there is less of a carbon footprint. I love the laquers, but the creams can be goopy and hard to apply.


Essie Limo-scene
This is a creamy ivory. It's a little goopy, and a little sheer, but with the right amount of patience, I can get this colour to look right.

Essie Shine of the Times
This is a holographic glitter top coat. I have it on top of Limo-scene. I usually put this on my toes.

Essie Chinchilly
This is one of my favourites. This application is not the best, but it is a wonderful dove grey. I love to wear this in the spring.

Essie Sew Psyched
I was looking for a sage green and thought I had the right colour with this one. Fail. I still like the color, especially for Autumn, but I don't have much that goes with it. 

Essie Mink Muffs
I was looking for a greige when I bought this one. I also failed with this one. I like the creamy brown, it's lovely neutral, but I don't wear it very often.

Essie Wicked
This is a dark blood red. Looks black or burgundy in most lights. I love this one, but as you can see from my ring finger, it's hard to apply. It's also difficult to remove and stains. I bought this in Canada, so it has a special place in my heart, besides how much I love the color. It's close to O.P.I. Lincoln Park After Dark, but with less purple, so I like it even more. 

This is not all my Essies, I have one more post. Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment