Friday, November 16, 2012

Weight update - 170

I started this blog so that I could document my descent into my old fabulous more skinny but not too skinny body.

FAIL.

I was reviewing my blog posts and at the beginning of the year I was hovering between 162 and 165. Now I’m lucky to be 168!! This is not good, people. The year I was going to focus on losing weight and being more healthy has had the opposite effect.

I thought when you weighed yourself everyday you were supposed to be more conscious of what you ate and you automatically lost weight! Guess not.

The saddest thing is that I haven’t changed anything. It’s not like I have less activity or I’m eating more or even eating less healthy. I’m eating the same and exercising the same and I’m gaining weight! I know this is partly a hormonal thing, but it’s also a Dr. Pepper/cheeseburger/not-walking-Orso thing.

For the first time in my life, I am actually considered overweight for my height (5’7”). This is not acceptable. I never ever thought this would happen to me. I have never had to worry about my weight. Like, EVER.

I don’t care about the number as much as I care about how my clothes are fitting. My wardrobe choices are diminishing as my “fat clothes” are all I can wear right now. It is unacceptable to literally have nothing to wear and I refuse to buy new clothes because that is accepting defeat.

I’m due for a check-up and I know I need my thyroid re-checked. That might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment